Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Week 7 Blog Post


    
After reading about all of the Major Arcana, I decided that I would pick a different card than the one that I had originally chosen. At first, I picked the Lovers card. This made sense to me, given the duality nature of this card. I am a gemini, and by nature we have "evil twins". Many people do not believe in astrology and write it off at a joke. I have to disagree, though. I have never met a gemini that does not fit the gemini traits. The Lovers card expresses many of these traits, and it seemed only fitting that I picked this card. Now, however, I would pick the Death card. At first glance, it Is easy to assume that this would be a negative card. After learning more about it, I have realized that it is not a negative card. It is more about new beginnings, about letting go and finding closure for things that can be upsetting and difficult to go through. There is a lot in my life that I have held on to for a very long time, and it weighs me down heavily. Recently I have found some closure for one such thing, but there is a lot more to go. This card is very much a reflection of where I am at in my life, and what direction I need to go in.

No comments:

Post a Comment