Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Week 5 Blog Post

Pages 107 - 142

The Sun

1. What is your most powerful form of self-expression? (Where do you shine?)
     My most powerful form of self-expression is my ability to speak within a group, and speak publicly.

2. What doubts or insecurities have you overcome?
    I am working every day to overcome my insecurities, but I have made progress in how I see myself, and how I look at the things that I go through on a daily basis.

3. Who championed you and helped you appreciate or develop your gifts and talents?
    My mom has definitely helped me to appreciate my gifts and talents, even when I do not appreciate them.

4. Where in life are you a leader, and how do you help others thrive under your leadership?
    I am most often the "mom" of the group, making sure that everyone is okay and taken care of. This means that I can do anything from talk to someone when they are having a problem, to getting them a Band-Aid when they have a cut.

5. What could you do to bring more joy into your life?
    I could definitely work on my outlook of life, and work to better manage my panic disorder and depression.

6. What are you most optimistic about?
    I am most optimistic about the idea that things will be different and better one day.


The Devil

1. To what do you feel bound or enslaved, and what will free you?
    I feel bound or enslaved to make sure that everyone is okay before I am. Putting myself first and taking care of my own needs too will free me.

2. What negative trait that you possess has only recently come to your awareness?
    I tend to complain about things a lot, and I never realized just how much until recently.

3. What fears get in the way of living your life, and how can you move through them?
    Having a panic disorder means that many fears get in my way every day. I can move through them by reminding myself that they are not real.

4. Who or what brings out the worst in you, and how do you allow it?
    Feeling lonely brings out the worst in me. I do my best to avoid that feeling, but it is not always that easy, especially being here at school, away from my family.

5. In what ways do you sabotage your own well-being and success?
    I oftentimes look down on myself and do not think very highly of myself, and this makes it difficult to succeed.

6. What personal "demons" have you reconciled or conquered?
    I have made peace with the end of a relationship that I was conflicted about for a very long time.








No comments:

Post a Comment